Friday, April 25, 2008

Spring in name only

Yes, it is spring here, but it still feels like winter. Last night we were at RT's ball game, and a lot of us moms were wearing winter jackets and mittens...and we were still cold. Luckily, our kids must have that Wisconsin blood from RW and don't seem to get cold, even though they have very little body fat to warm them (except B, who still has the 'toddler belly').

Nothing much new but here are a few randoms:

B is almost all potty trained and loves 'flushing'. Yesterday, A was at preschool and B was flushing the toilet when she pointed in the potty and said, (with 2yo enunciation skills) "A is in there" I said, "In the potty?? A is in the potty?" She looked at me very seriously and said, matter-of-factly, "Yes. I flushed her down. I flushed A down." Then she just walked out...

A has been asking a lot of questions lately. Some of her favorites, she asks over and over, since the answers are never satisfying enough. Such as, Is God a person? What color hair does Jesus have? How can God be up in Heaven if he's down here with us? And a book of questions about angels...

But I prefer those questions to the ones where she's scrutinizing my person. For example, the other day I was saying something as I was raising my eyebrows..and she looked at me and said, "Mom, why do you have a rainbow on your face?" I asked her what she was talking about. She replied, "On your forehead...a rainbow!" I looked in the mirror (we were in the car), thinking I had some beautiful reflection of a rainbow on my face, when I realized she meant A RAINBOW OF WRINKLES.
Then I asked her to raise HER eyebrows, and, sure enough....no rainbow.

1 comment:

Fluffy Windover said...

Ha ha, I think Mom told me that SBJ used to ask her who ran faster, God or Jesus.